Wednesday 12 June 2013

The start of the 'Morning Pages'

Goodness, it's been awhile. Wow, over a month. Sorry folks, I haven't been feeling myself for sometime, but I'm back in the saddle now and will be blogging once a week from now on, on a Wednesday. 

I hope you've managed to get a little bit of sun and life is treating you well. I wanted to tell you about a book that I have started reading. It's called 'The Artist's Way'. For the past year or so I have been experiencing quite bad writers block. I start a song, I keep at it, but I just can't finish it. I felt utterly frustrated until one morning, this book arrived on my doorstep; sent by a friend who knew how I was struggling. I'm only in the early parts of the book, but the most useful thing so far has been writing my 'Morning Pages'. It's three pages of whatever comes into your head; mostly utter nonsense and ranting, but I already feel better, freer and less afraid to approach my notebook. If you too are struggling to write or create, I suggest doing this every morning. It's great! Has anyone out there felt the same as me? Have you read this book? If so please get in touch. I'd love to hear what you think about it all. 

Ciao for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment